[SGVLUG] Moving files in a safe way

Rae Yip rae.yip at gmail.com
Fri May 1 19:24:45 PDT 2009

rsync is a great tool, but I wouldn't use it unless I plan on doing
more than one transfer, since rsync has a startup overhead that
doesn't scale well with size of directory tree.

Yes, NFS can be quite fast over a trusted network. But then you still
have to decide between cp, cpio, rsync, etc.

-Rae.