[SGVLUG] John - did you change GPG keys?

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Fri May 1 12:10:10 PDT 2009

> -----Original Message----- Of John E. Kreznar
>
> Another case of MUA "mutilation", I'd guess :)  Example: In
> this snippet of my posting that you included
>
> >  John E. Kreznar jek at ininx.com 9F1148454619A5F08550
> > 705961A47CC541AFEF13
>
> there is a line break between the two hex fields... What does your
> MUA show ... with or without that line break?

In the original it is on one line.  I see it is also exactly 71 characters:

John E. Kreznar jek at ininx.com 9F1148454619A5F08550 705961A47CC541AFEF13
123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 12
         1         2         3         4         5         6         7

When replying, the "> " prefix makes the overall line length > 72 characters, and OL does a "word wrap" at that point

> In any case, just for the record, my key is appended below
> outside the signature.  It should also be available with
> "finger jek at ininx.com". If this doesn't work for you, please say.

I think our list server is set to strip attachments, so I'll check via finger.

However, after more reading I found a mention that gpgol "does not work" with versions of outlook older than OL 2003 (and I think a certain service pack) -- here at WB they only supply OL 2002, so that's probably the problem :(