[SGVLUG] looking for a programmer

Shang-Lin Chen shanglin.chen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 12:57:01 PDT 2009

Hi,

My employer, the Southern California Earthquake Data Center (SCEDC), which
is part of Caltech's Seismo Lab, is looking for a programmer. You may
remember the SCEDC from a talk that Rae and I gave at the November meeting.

We want someone experienced with SQL and relational databases, Linux or
Solaris systems, shell scripting, and application development in PHP,
Python, Java, or C. The job will mainly involve developing software to
maintain and access Caltech's seismic archives. This is a full-time
position, but it is only for one year unless additional funding becomes
available.

If you are interested, the full listing and online application are at
http://www2.recruitingcenter.net/clients/CalTech/publicjobs/controller.cfm?jbaction=JobProfile&Job_Id=15216&esid=az.
If you have any questions, please reply to me off-list.

Thanks,
Shang-Lin