[SGVLUG] OT(TTM) Tankless Water Heater

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 24 17:38:20 PDT 2009

imho -

traditionally a water heater should be central to
the bathrooms/kitchen locations. OR else you suffer
waiting and waiting...

circulating loops to put hot water to reduce the
time of hot water is not very efficient, and
uses a lot of electricity ( tho I liked the timer
idea.. ) ALSO it makes the system more complex
as when the pump breaks.. ( I had to have one
removed... as it was DEAD and used a 30AMP circuit!! )

also unless you can insulate the circuit well
you will lose a lot of heat...

most commercial bldgs use spot heating.. which
seems to work great for sinks, but i don't know
if they would be good for showering.

let us know how it works ;)
matti