[SGVLUG] Google's new OS move

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Wed Jul 8 15:39:34 PDT 2009

> -----Original Message----- Of John E. Kreznar
>
>    Google Starts New Microsoft War with Chrome OS
>    [...] When Google launched Android, the open-source operating system ...
>
>    Chrome OS: What Is Google's Goal?   BusinessWeek
>
> [So, where does Chrome come in?  I thought Chrome was the
> browser, and Android the Linux-based operating system.  --jek]

What's so unusual about that?  For Years, Microsoft has made the claim that their graphically-oriented "shell" called "Windows" is an operating system, so why not a browser as the OS?

--
Windows (win'-doze) 95 (n.): 32-bit extensions to a 16-bit graphical shell for an
8-bit operating system originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor by a 2-bit