[SGVLUG] Any AVR user groups in LA?

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Wed Jul 1 18:07:34 PDT 2009

-----Original Message-----Of John Wang

I took one of the Arduino class offered by la.thepublicschool.org on electro-mechanism http://la.thepublicschool.org/class/233  and it was a good learning experience for me, ...
Anyway for anyone who may be interested there's another class on audio coming up,

http://la.thepublicschool.org/class/1341

I was just thinking the other day that I needed to check back into this website since it was mentioned last time - thanks for the "postive reinforcement" reminder [i.e., a simple link to click ;) ]

Too bad the timing is a little short on this one - looks like today is/was the last day to get a discount (ok, all of $5) and the deadline is next Friday (the 11th) - this is too busy of a week/weekend to be thinking about this (for me, at least) so I may end up passing on it

Tangentially related:
The other day, though, I came across another microcontroller, known as the "propeller" chip [and uses the "spin" language...] - aparently, it is an 8-core microcontroller  (www.parallax.com)