[SGVLUG] Nvidia claims CPU business decaying, GPU business going up

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 20 01:01:47 PST 2009

Hi,

This actually turned out to be rather interesting...

Intel takes chipset dispute with Nvidia to court
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10166684-1.html

"'We are confident that our license, as negotiated, applies," said Jen-Hsun Huang, president and CEO of Nvidia. "At the heart of this issue is that the CPU has run its course and the soul of the PC is shifting quickly to the GPU. This is clearly an attempt to stifle innovation to protect a decaying CPU business."

Wow!! The thought: CPUs a dying business.. GPUs is where it's going!

imho Serious issues - especially related to linux
here folks.

best
matti