[SGVLUG] Review my CeBIT Wine presentation, anyone?

Claude Felizardo cafelizardo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 18:51:10 PST 2009

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 10:54 PM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> I'm giving a talk on Wine at CeBIT '09 in Hannover next
> month.  I may give it at the Wine BOF at SCALE, too,
> if there's a projector and interest.
> You can preview the slides at
>   http://kegel.com/wine/cebit2009/
>
> The audience at Cebit will be wall to wall Windows
> users who are curious about open source.
> If anyone can review it and poke holes in it
> from that point of view, I'd be grateful.
>
> Don't forget to click on the pictures, and take the quiz at the end :-)
> - Dan

Regarding the V8 Javascript Benchmark graph.  What are the units?  Why
is bigger better?  Does that mean faster or more support or what?
How much faster is Chrome over IE7 and Firefox 3?  It wasn't clear on
the page at the underlying link.

Holy cr4p.
I just noticed that if you follow the link to the actual benchmark, it
will run it.  Didn't understand what that number on the right side was
as I had loaded the screen in the background and didn't look at it
until it was done.  Just tried  pointing an old version of konqueror
at it - too slow to mention.  I'll have to give it a try with some
more recent versions of browsers.

claude