[SGVLUG] SGVLUG meeting Thur 2/12 7-9pm

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 11 17:51:28 PST 2009

Hi!

Remember we have another interesting meeting lined
up for tomorrow.

Please spread the word!
thanks
matti

==== ====

SGVLUG ( San Gabriel Valley Linux Users Group )

General Meeting: Our primary meeting is held on the 2nd Thursday of every month
Time: 7-9pm
Location: 107 Downs at Caltech Campus in Pasadena
http://www.sgvlug.org/

--- topic ---

This month we will have Peter J. Sprenger as our guest speaker

Abstract: Proposed talk on project of making a small toughbook into a Linux car navigation system. Also enabled GPS integration to enhance wireless access point findings by combining GPS information with a Google map overlay and Kismet data dumps to map out existing wireless access points.

Bio: Used Linux for the past 13 years. Currently running LFS as main desktop system, with a FreeBSD shell server and Slackware Media PC. Presently leader of Cal Poly team for CCDC (Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition), concentrating in network defense. Special attention to security research and Information Warfare studies with experience in several different continents performing missions occasionally oriented in that direction.
Last Updated ( Thursday, 29 January 2009 )