[SGVLUG] Networking question

Matt Campbell dvdmatt at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 02:30:08 PST 2009

I have a question of technology bordering on politics for the group this
fine weekend.

I have been having intermittent network connectivity dropouts through
Earthlink DSL for the last 6 months.  After hours on the phone I have talked
to a dozen L3 techs that admit they can see a problem, and that they think
it is at their end, but they can't fix it.  It is now so bad I'm rebooting
my modem ever 15 minutes or so to stay online.

I would love to go fiber, but I don't think it's available in my
neighborhood yet.  Any suggestions on how to maintain a fast connection in
Altadena?

Matt