[SGVLUG] PJUG - Grails"Virtual" Self study

Jana Lingo jana.lingo at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 15:04:29 PST 2009

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 12:21 PM, Jana Lingo <jana.lingo at gmail.com> wrote:
> the Pasasdena will be holding a "vitural" self study of the book

I've set up a Google group and invited every everyone who has
expressed in interest.
The two material I was talking about was:
http://www.infoq.com/minibooks/grails
Free pdf
or
http://pragprog.com/titles/dkgrails/grails $20 pdf $18 w/coupon
we did have one person express interest in the Free pdf due to
unemploymeny. I  really like like the other book better (scholarship,
anyone?) so unless I hear a great uproar, we're sticking withe the
pragmatic programmers.
right now, I'd anticipate us using Google chat on sunday at evenings
(from 7-8PM) starting on 01/03.we may also do confernce calls
between now and then, do  the first two chanpters (for those sans
books, Install grails and create a bare bones app.
Hope to chat with everyone on the 3rd,.