[SGVLUG] server colocation options

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 17 16:26:25 PST 2009

Remember, there is a local "coop" where you can
have a slice of the machine in terms of a
virtual server.

I would seriously consider that option.

hmmm... I recall chris telling us about this,
and seeing something about this at SCALE

OH! and surprisingly many data centers are now
running hotter than they used to... I recall
reading an article on google which indicated
they didn't see as many failures related to temp
as I recall the older equipment days... running
their data centers as hot as 80...

didn't find the article i was looking for, however
here's one about Data Centers running hotter..

http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2009/03/23/will-server-warranties-get-hotter-too/

best
matti