[SGVLUG] FW: Missing ext2 devices

Claude Felizardo cafelizardo at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 11:44:12 PST 2009

That's strange.  According to the output of fdisk he posted, the partition
types were identified as 5, 82 and 83 (ext, swap & linux).  On my raid
system, I have type=fd which is linux raid auto.  Was it a bios setting that
FC12 was interpreting differently than FC8?

I ran into a big snag a while ago trying to reuse drives that had been in
another raid and the darn system kept trying to start the raids on those
devices while I was trying to add them to a new system.  Recreating the
partition tables didn't seem to help, possibly because I was using the exact
same sizes so it kept finding a valid raid signature.  IIRC, I had to zero
out the beginning of the partitions before I could proceed.

claude