[SGVLUG] FW: Missing ext2 devices

Rae Yip rae.yip at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 11:23:07 PST 2009

I was going to wait for Matt to reply, but basically he ended up
trying the nodmraid kernel option, and that seems to have gotten his
drive to probe properly.

This suggests that dmraid identified sdc as part of a raidset (even
though Matt had never used the disk in one), so the kernel froze out
the partition-numbered devices for some bogus safety concern.

I don't believe udev is used to create /dev/sd* devices, just to alias
them to other names, at least in Fedora.

-Rae.