[SGVLUG] Looking for DLNA clients

Claude Felizardo cafelizardo at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 18:43:39 PST 2009

Anyone know of a DLNA client that will work with a PC?  Either Windoze or
Linux, I'd prefer the later of course.  There are plenty of server apps
available but where are the clients short of buying a high end TV or blu-ray
player?  Usual suggestions I've seen suggest picking up either a PSn or an
Xbox which I'd rather not do.  I want to test the functionality of my
Netgear ReadyNAS NV+ to see if it's worth upgrading the memory and/or
storage capacity (still have 2 empty bays).   The TiVo's see it just fine as
does the Squeezebox but they are using different protocols.  Supposedly I
can use windoze media player, various versions installed on the desktops at
home but don't know what URL/port to use.

claude