[SGVLUG] Greetings to everybody I introduce myself

simonebernacchia at yahoo.it simonebernacchia at yahoo.it
Thu Apr 23 15:37:42 PDT 2009

I would like to introduce myself to this mailing list: my name is Simone Bernacchia, am a male,39 years old, i am Italian but since 4 years live in Glendale where i work in a web agency firm.

Probably some of you have already seen my name, that is because at the latest SCALE i held a talk about the open source operating system I am cooperating with: it is called AROS. Hope that someone dealing with a different free operating system is not detrimental to your group, but sincerely i have been looking for Amiga User groups around since I moved from italy and i miss dealing with other computer-savvy people. Then if i also can convince somebody to give a look and even to develop a bit for AROS nothing wrong with that, i hope...:)

My actual role is the one of advocate so far; i am trying to promote AROS at first among computer-savvy people, in order to get proper debug reports and hopefully to acquire developers interested in it, then, once the major glitches have been fixed, will start also to promote to less computer savvy people.

Since is not my intention now to promote AROS but instead to introduce myself , is better i leave the main web site do the talk about it for me.

I keep a blog where i write my AROS related articles and more daily life stuff: the blog is both in italian and english; the english URL is:

http://binarydoodles.ilcannocchiale.it/

I would like, time allowing, to join in some of the reunions of the LUG in the future and am looking forward to it.

My Best Regards,

Simone Bernacchia