[SGVLUG] The Pirate Bay Trial - Sentencing

Dan Borne danborne.kde at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 18:50:21 PDT 2009

Well as a first point, I am glad they have not been logging ips as I am sure
many of us here are.

The pirate bay will, unless the world ends, file an appeal; the decision
does not really matter for at least the next year.

What interests me more is the basis for their decision, perhaps it is on
account of my rudementary Swedish, however, I cannot seem to find the actual
basis that the court used to decide against the Pirate Bay. IIRC allot of
talk before the trial was focused on the seeming invincibility of the Pirate
Bay if European Union law was used to decide the trial; I think that the
trial could be hypothetically quite important to the discussion of European
integration if they decided that in Sweden, at least, national law comes
before supra-national law.

Just an observation

Cheers,

--
I only check E-Mails at 09.40 Los Angeles time and 16.00 LA time in an
effort to make time more efficient and thereby serve you better. If your

Ich checke meine E-Mail nur bei 09.40 und 16.00 Los Angeles Zeit so wie ich
konnte Zeit mehr effizient machen und damit Ihnen bessere dienen. Wenn Sie
nicht warten können, bitte rufen Sie mir an oder versuchen IRC zu benutzen.
Danke schön, Dan Borne.