[SGVLUG] FW: Video server

Matt Campbell dvdmatt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 23:15:45 PDT 2009

Hi Chris,

They are these:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/Seagate-Barracuda-1.5-TB,2032-3.html
http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.asp?driveid=503

"3.5-inch Enterprise SATA Hard Drives"

"This model is based on the latest Caviar Black 1-TB drive, but has been
optimized for server/workstation workloads and validated for 24/7
operation."

The problem (WD senior support told me) is not the noise or vibration, but
changes to the firmware to limit the amount of time the drive takes in
recovery mode so that the RAID controller doesn't mark it as out to lunch.

Matt