[SGVLUG] Pasadena Ripoff

serross serross at ix.netcom.com
Fri Sep 5 07:19:54 PDT 2008

This should fall under the First Amendment law. The ACLU filed a suit
against the city because (after much threats) they tried to regulate the
people that put advertising on your door. They ran from this
confrontation. The plaintive was some woman on the west side that made
the claim, that it was her 1st Amendment right to distribute fliers for
the 'Senior Center' (never saw any on the east side of Pasa). Anyway, I
would tell them it is a free speech issue and therefor is a litgatable
issue and that the city would have top spend lots of money defending
such an ordinance.