[SGVLUG] Interesting Problem (1tb drive showing up as 80GB)

Mic Chow zen at netten.net
Thu Sep 4 15:41:43 PDT 2008

Someone else check me, if I remember correctly the kernel 2.6.x does not
read the hard drive specs from the BIOS.  Have you tried to mount the
one of the 1TB SATA drives in an external enclosure?  One other option,
check if Acer has updates to the BIOS firmware for that series of desktops.

Mic
North Hollywood, CA
N34° 8'33.02"
W118° 21'39.62"