[SGVLUG] NSLU2 power on hack

Claude Felizardo cafelizardo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 16:34:48 PDT 2008

Back in May, we had a presentation on hacking the NSLU2.  Are there
any NSLU2 owners out there that have yet to try the Force Power Always
On hack?  This is the one that forces the device to automatically
power on after power is reapplied.  One of the solutions uses a
power-on-reset chip which you can get from Digikey but with minimal
shipping running about $2, I ordered extra in case I botched the
install as it requires surface mount soldering.  A friend of mine who
has a nifty pair of magnification specs was able to do it on the first
try so I have a few spares.  If anyone is interested, installation not
included, please let me know.  It comes out to just under a buck.
Here's a link to the hack and to Digikey.

http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/ForcePowerAlwaysOn
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail?name=MCP120-450DI%2FTO-ND

claude