[SGVLUG] flipping domain names - Re: sgvlug domain name

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 12 20:04:27 PST 2008

Hi!

I'm thinking this company is more of a flipper
of domain names... tho i really haven't looked
closely, I do know a lot of ISPs and companies
do this sort of business. (buying domains and
reselling them.)

> > I'd say we force arbitration as this is outright
> extortion, and we can
> > show a LONG history of the .org/.net domains...

hmmm... what do we need to do to force arbitration?

if we need a lawyer, it will be cheaper to just
buy it.

> Yep.  As Matti points out in another post, the whois entry
> shows that
> they registered sgvlug.com mere hours before they
> approached him with
> the offer.

we could try to wait until it expires next year...

agreed we have been doing ok without it upto
this point...

best
matti