[SGVLUG] Voting... researching props

Miguel Hernandez migtek at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 17:34:23 PST 2008

Not at all, Matti! Have you seen how Villaraigosa is implementing a police
state here in LA? Truth is, it's good to beef up security but not at the
risk of other programs that we KNOW have proven track records. Investing in
early childhood education, after-school programs and community-led
organizations is the way to go to curb violence, crime, truancy, dropout
rates, etc. Put money into the communities & they'll be glad to be
responsible for their own...after all, the saying goes "it takes a village
to raise a child" and not "it takes a buncha cops intimidating me in my own
community to raise a child..."
More to your question, though, Matti- the proof's in the
pudding...California has built 25 NEW prisons & 1 new university in the last
25 years.

As Charles B. said, I just wish more people went out & educated themselves
on these things but I guess people like living w/the wool over their eyes.
/shrug

But like LeVar Burton used to say on Reading Rainbow-- "You don't have to
take my word for it, take a look, it's in a book...." =P

--miguel