[SGVLUG] Voting... researching props

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 4 15:00:12 PST 2008

FYI -

I don't watch too much TV so I guess I will have
to educate myself on these propositions ;)

I'm reviewing the propositions, and wanted to
pass along the resources I am finding...
( thankfully we can get more info on the net,
openness is good ;)

Voter Guide for CA
http://www.voterguide.sos.ca.gov/

example: Prop 5 title and summary
http://www.voterguide.sos.ca.gov/title-sum/prop5-title-sum.htm

example: actual text (pdf) 141 pages!!
[ lots 2 read, looks like all propositions here...
http://www.voterguide.sos.ca.gov/text-proposed-laws/text-of-proposed-laws.pdf#prop5

dang! guess I have to find good summary info...

http://www.smartvoter.org/2008/11/04/ca/state/prop/5/

hmmmm... wow, digging about it seems like NO ONE
should vote for this judging on the number
of governors against it... tho thinking a bit more

logically no Governor would be willing to
release anyone from prison (cover your ass politics),
and certainly the prison guards unions enjoy their
power....

should I trust these people in power who get paid
by the guard union on how to vote???

hmmmm...

anyways, I've got more research to do.

best