[SGVLUG] Upgrading on a slow connection

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 4 12:11:50 PST 2008

Hi,

> From: Charles Wyble <charles at thewybles.com>
[..]
> > Yup! No way you will get Vista to work on an
> > older system.... Vista even had trouble with
> > systems rated as "Vista Capable" but
> didn't
> > have enough RAM or a good enough video card.
> >

> Once again. This isn't true.

I disagree with you on this charles,
I would sugggest that people
should look at the class action
law suit over this issue...

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/lawsuit-vista-capable,news-621.html

If it wasn't an issue you would not have
seen this Law Suit imho.

> > Vista is a pig, and even my windows friends
> > prefer XP at home and at work.
> >

> Vista isn't a pig. I have found it much more stable
> especially under heavy
> network traffic loads then XP was.

EVEN at MS conferences I attended MANY of the attendees
preferred XP over Vista for a number of reasons
( in particular the MS launch event I mentioned
awhile back where they were giving away MS software.)

>From what i could tell from one session where the
presenter asked about XP vs Vista Preferences there
were at LEAST 5x more people who preferred XP vs Vista.

there are numerous reports you can dig up. This is
just an sample of one...
http://news.cnet.com/Windows-XP-outshines-Vista-in-benchmarking-test/2100-1016_3-6220201.html

I have also noticed a LOT of people who want to
downgrade their new systems which CAME with Vista
to XP... that should tell you something...

best
matti