[SGVLUG] Samba performance issue

Matt Campbell dvdmatt at gmail.com
Thu May 22 00:14:35 PDT 2008

Oh Yuck!

I formatted the arrays ext3, it looks like it's really slow compared to
ext2.  Is that generally correct?  Is journaling the main difference between
versions 2 and 3?

I installed and ran iozone.  Neat program, but it will take a bit to get my
head around which things are interesting to test for.  Attached please find
an XML spreadsheet of the first data run I did.

There is something going on, while I am streaming data from the sever the
network usage looks like a sine wave....

Matt