[SGVLUG] RE: [OT] fuel prices and the dollar (was interesting, border inspection issues)

Chris Louden chris at chrislouden.com
Tue May 13 09:43:08 PDT 2008

I have no link, but I'm pretty sure it was the WSJ. Taking the price
of gas in the 1950s and adjusting it for inflation to 2008 dollar the
price would be $3.20ish. Based on that way of thinking were really not
pay that much more then in the past. Therefore the price we were
paying throughout the 90's was considerably less.  Granted other costs
of living when compared to the 50's and then adjusted for inflation
don't balance out. Housing for instance.

While I dislike the price of gas. I am more concerned with the value
of our dollar being so low.