[SGVLUG] RE: [OT] fuel prices and the dollar (was interesting, border inspection issues)

Dan Borne danborne.kde at gmail.com
Tue May 13 09:30:22 PDT 2008

According to the German Federal Law website (It is in
German)<http://bundesrecht.juris.de/energiestg/__2.html#>,
Germans are to pay 65.45 Euro-Cents per litre (eg. 3.84453 USD per US
Gallon) in taxes for conventional unleaded petrol, plus Value Added Tax
(19%) on the fuel itself and the Fuel Tax. With the maths above, Germans pay
8.22 USD for a US Gallon of gas, of which 3.84 is a fuel tax. With out all
of the taxes, I think that it is basically the same cost.

Just my two pence.