[SGVLUG] Linux laptop

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Wed Mar 26 10:34:45 PST 2008

And to add an extra layer of incoherence to the issue...

http://www.powernotebooks.com/articles/index.php?action=fullnews&id=17

Basically, the "name brand" you are buying comes from a handful of
ODM's, and I suspect most, if not all, are based in China.

I'm curious, though, why the embargo on China -- is it because you don't
want your dollars flowing into that country [and/or supporting "slave"
labor], or fear of inferior parts or construction?