[SGVLUG] Paging Greg Stark -- please get in touch with Tina Victory where you work...

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Tue Mar 25 16:03:44 PST 2008

Hmmm... Just got an interesting e-mail, not entirely sure whether it is
"on" topic for the list or not -- it really deals with list & site
administrivia, BUT it deals with OUR site, and of course, we run Linux,
so...

Paging Greg Stark -- please get in touch with Tina Victory where you
work...

It seems she found our OCTOBER 2006 DEV-SIG ARCHIVE on the FRONT PAGE of
a Google search for "electrorent.com"

(dunno what that says about a company if e-mail addresses on discussion
archives rank a site nearly as well as the company's home page...)

Her suggestion was to hide these pages from Google by an entry in
robots.txt, however having Google index our archives is generally
considered a GOOD thing...