[SGVLUG] Geotagging -- what datalogger or GPS to buy?

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Fri Jul 11 17:30:06 PDT 2008

One question that came up, which I didn't really go into detail on the
answer [because there is no end to the answer...] was "what should I
buy?"  As I pointed out, you can buy just about anything you might want,
with prices from $50 to $500 or more, and almost anything you buy will
"work" for what you want it to do (at least, in a basic way...)

For a better answer, I would suggest searching online forums dedicated
to geotagging/geocaching -- here is one discussion on a Flickr group:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/geotagging/discuss/72157601412048034/

Where the guy specifically mentions "I run linux"  (I provided some
details about the ATP unit that I forgot to mention last night)