[SGVLUG] What I did...

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Fri Jul 11 17:14:58 PDT 2008

First off, I'd like some feedback on my presentation last night -- was
there anything I didn't cover well enough, or anything I went into
excruciating detail?  Was it inspiring enough that someday soon I'll be
able to see your vacation photos "geo-tagged"? (*)

I'll be posting the presentation sometime soon (perhaps this weekend)
and next week I'll put the video up on google or yahoo [while flickr now
offers video hosting, they have a 90-second limit -- while I might be
able to create a "how-to" in video form that shows the steps in digikam,
the presentation as a whole certainly won't fit...]

Secondly, someone asked about the rest of the photos on the trip, and
stone circles in particular -- here is the complete "collection" of my
trip to Ireland, and the "day 2" sub-collection has several stone circle
sets:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/starman9x/collections/72157605620232322/

Most of these are tagged, though in some cases I "lost" the track for
some of the photos.  I also took along a video camera, so areas where I
don't have a lot of photos are because I was running the camera...

Tom

(*) just had a thought about another use for tagging photos, though not
for pleasure: consider an auto accident -- geotagging photos of the area
surrounding the accident will allow for a more compelling "story"
regarding the accident since you can then place them on  a map and see
them in relation to each other... [of course, if it was "your" fault,
you might not want to do this...]