***SPAM*** Re: [SGVLUG] What Bill's been vamping lately...

Christopher Smith x at xman.org
Tue Feb 26 16:04:40 PST 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-26 at 16:01 -0800, Emerson, Tom (*IC) wrote:
> Got this reference from another group:
>
> http://www.kvue.com/news/local/stories/022108kvueutgates-cb.1490daa4.html
>
> [may wrap]
>
> I'm sure a few people may take exception to a couple of choice phrases
> in the article, but that is just petty quibbling -- the bigger issue
> is how realistic it is to claim there are "300,000 unfilled technical
> jobs" in the U.S....

That sounds about right to me.

Some might argue that some of these positions could be more easily
filled if employers would make some adjustments (including the salary
they offer), and that is probably true. However, it is important to keep
in mind that some of these positions would positions wouldn't
economically make sense once employers had made the adjustments.

--Chris