[SGVLUG] Meeting Thur 2/14, plus some SCALE notes..

Shang-Lin Eileen Chen shanglin.chen at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 16:45:11 PST 2008

I, too, enjoyed this year's SCALE. I went on Friday to the Women in Open
Source conference and on Saturday. Some of the talks were great, others less
so, but I made a couple of good networking connections. I'm looking forward
to the notes and possibly videos from the talks I didn't attend.

> Public transportation - TOOK forever, or at least
> that was my experience on Sat. The reason.. the
> wait for the Westin Shuttle service at LAX. On Sunday
> I took the Hilton shuttle and walked...
> (Gold line to Union Station, and then the LAX flyer
> ran $5.25 and was quick enough.. ) Next time the
> trick maybe to take the thrifty car rental shuttle
> (adjacent to the Westin)

That was also my experience when I took the Westin shuttle from the airport
on Friday. On Saturday I took the 439 bus from Union Station. It was about
the same amount of time as the Flyaway+shuttle, but I didn't have to wait a
long time for the bus (good timing, I guess).

While waiting in line at Subway behind one of the organizers, I heard that
next year they plan to move the conference to a bigger location, either in
the same area or downtown.

Shang-Lin