[SGVLUG] SATA card for Fedora

Matt Campbell dvdmatt at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 10:35:36 PST 2008

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the kind offer.

I purchased three of the Adaptec Sata 3G 2 port PCIe cards, they are working fine.

They were a bit more expensive per port than the Highpoint card, but I am guessing performance will be better as nobody else is trying to make a 4 port PCIe card for some reason....

Highpoint tech support *did* get back to me after 8 contacts, but I think it was only because I was reduced to begging for a response.  Their answer was that they would have a driver for F8 in the next couple of weeks, the same answer they gave another petitioner in November....

Does anyone know how many fans a Antec TruePower Trio 650 power supply's fan bus is supposed to be able to support?  I have it hooked up to (well had) four fans.  An odd smell in the evening, and the next morning 10 *hot* hard drives shows that was not a good idea.  Four didn't seem to be that many though....

Looking forward to seeing you all again at the next meeting,

Matt