[SGVLUG] Cable ethernet problems

Miguel Hernandez migtek at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 00:46:09 PST 2008

I was having lots of problems with my Linux network drivers also.
After many reboots (to reset my cable modem) & ifconfig commands it finally
worked.

Do you have another NIC hard laying around to test it, David?
Ideally, it´d be another ISA so you can compare apples to apples.

That´s where I´d start: make sure it´s not your connection or the cables
you´re using.

hope that helps,
--miguel