[SGVLUG] suggesting Cool tricks 15min talks at the beginning of each meeting

Michael Proctor-Smith mproctor13 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 14:04:01 PST 2008

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 1:23 PM, matti <mathew_2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>> Matti,
>>
>> That does sound cool, but are you suggesting we do that
>> instead of the
>> "bake-off"?
>
> Hi,
>
> instead, no.. however it seems like there
> maybe a lot of material which may not all
> fit into one presentation.. thus we could
> spill out some of the extra into other meetings
>
> imho this sort of material I think should fit well
> into a quick 15min slot for each meeting.

For those of you that have not been at a meeting with the "quick
15min" section basically it started because Dustin had some thing that
could never take up a whole meeting. He called it "Cool Tools that I
really don't know how to use" Or something to that effect, or just
"Cool Tools". Basically it happens at the beginning of the meeting in
the 15-20min That I try to waste letting people straggle in.

So if we were going to do a "bake-off" or distro shot-out next
meeting(I don't think we have a speaker for January yet), we would
need like 5-7(people/topics) for 15-20min. each. Do we have
volenteers?

I would be willing to install Fedora 10 on my eeepc that normally do
use at the meetings.
I am using Ubuntu 8.10 at work and I have to say it is not as polished
as F9, any one want to dispute that.

So if we can't get 5+ people to talk about a distro each, we can do
one distro a month, Distro feature show-off is a Cool Tool.