[SGVLUG] Potential meeting topic: ¨Linux Bake-off¨

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Thu Dec 18 10:11:44 PST 2008

> -----Original Message----- Of Jason Riker
>
> Group,
>
> With all this cool talk about a potential meeting topic the
> one thing I'm not hearing is if this will be a go. [...]
>
> Tom, would you talk about openSUSE?
[...]

I'll be able to talk about OpenSuSE - will probably even have 11.1 installed by then :)

One of the other potential presenters mentioned he didn't have a laptop -- while it is more convenient to use one, it's not a requirement -- we have had presenters bring in towers and desktop machines (it is a little odd using the projector as your main screen, but doable...)

You could also prepare screenshots and do a talk-n-walk-through openoffice presentation (which could be posted to a web or FTP site or copied on a flash drive that any one else can "play")