[SGVLUG] Meeting Tonight!

Michael Proctor-Smith mproctor13 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 14:18:45 PDT 2008

Meeting topic:

Ubuntu is the said to be the biggest thing in desktop Linux at the
moment, but Neal and Nathan are here to cut through the hype and show
you how Ubuntu can simplify your life and make your computer more fun
and simple to use for everyday tasks. They will discuss various
aspects of Ubuntu, from the basics of everyday system maintence, to
how to customize your system. They will also cover the differences
that make Ubuntu unique from Debian and other distros; and the
differences and benefits of the various flavors that make up the
Ubuntu family.

About the presenters
Nathan Haines is a computer consultant and instructor who enjoys
programming in Python and is a member of the California Ubuntu LoCo
team. Neal Bussett is an Electrical Engineer and leader of the
California Ubuntu LoCo team. Both are Ubuntu Members and advocates of
Free software.

If you like to read /. ( Slashdot.org ) or like
open source / linux ...

The San Gabriel Valley Linux User Group invites
anyone interested to join us on

Thur 8/14 7-9pm at Caltech for our
monthly meeting ( FREE meeting, Free parking.. )

General Meeting:
Our primary meeting is held on the 2nd Thursday of every month
Time: 7-9pm
Location: 107 Downs at Caltech Campus in Pasadena
Topic 8/14 Ubuntu

Afterward we continue the discussion with some
food and drinks at a local eatery
( bring some $, don't worry, we
get separate checks ;)

for more information please see