[SGVLUG] Harddrive Recovery Firms

BlankReg BlankReg at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 23 20:36:04 PDT 2008

I would just try spinrite first. If you think the system can see the drive
at all use that first. Then spend the big money.

It is not even being detected by the BIOS anymore.  Physically, I can
hear the drive spinning, but I can not hear the read/write head move.

Interestingly enough sfdisk does give me something.

If I read this right, the electronics on the hard drive seems to be
working right, or at least as far as the kernel can see it does.
However, it can not see the platters, or the data on the platters.