[SGVLUG] LugRadio Live 2008 trip report

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Tue Apr 22 07:14:10 PDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 6:56 AM, pixo <pixo at linuxastronomy.org> wrote:
> how was the LugRadio event ?

Sure, may as well cc some other folks, too.

It was very lively, but small.  I think I had 20 people for my talk
on the small stage.  The organizers love loud music, so it was kind of
painfully exuberant sometimes.  There were really good speakers;
I enjoyed Val Henson's  "practical filesystem advice",
and talking with the guy who is doing the Schroedinger codec,
and almost enjoyed asking Migel de Icaza a question
(except he was a little hard to engage, he was tired of
my particular question).

The best part may have been beer at the Thirsty Bear
the night before.  Lots of high-spirited conversation.
I hear the sponsored party the next night wasn't as much fun,
bad vibe at the bar they chose.

So: like SCALE, but smaller, better promoted, and with better music :-)

My talk slides:
http://kegel.com/wine/lugradiolive2008/
The event page:
http://lugradio.org/live/USA2008/