[SGVLUG] recommend a hosting provider

Ted Arden ted at tux.org
Sat Apr 19 07:57:58 PDT 2008

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008, Matthew Gallizzi wrote:

> I'd recommend dreamhost, hands down. I've worked with several hosting
> providers over the past 6+ years... and I vote for dreamhost.
> http://dreamhost.com/ - they're in LA, they rock, they give you SSH, tons of
> space and bandwidth. Use this promo code: *NOSIGNUPFEEAH *- and you won't
> have to pay the setup fee on the basic plan (purchase monthly). Read their
> unique blog here: http://blog.dreamhost.com/. Enjoy :)

i second dreamhost... i think i have some sort of
referral code or something which gives you $$$ off
but i think i was too lazy to set it up.  the code
above prolly works great.  i hooked up 3 of my friends
with them, and their support ROCKS...

shell access is a HUGE plus.  i think i've been using them
for a few years now.  their monthly newsletter and
blogs are woot-style entertaining (and usually informative)

=ted=