[SGVLUG] recommend a hosting provider

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Fri Apr 18 14:40:52 PDT 2008

OK, I had to dig around until I found which site it was: 000webhost (the
"page" that I manage has a domain of "890m.com", and the cpanel
interface doesn't have a link back to the parent)

In any case, here is my "affiliate" link -- I'm supposed to get a
whopping $5 if you use it and stay signed up for a month [I'll buy you a
beer or something at BC...]

     http://www.000webhost.com/?id=25604

(If you want to just sign up and deny me the $5, simply type in the
above without the "?id=" string)

This is a low-storage/bandwidth site, NO ads, but they do have w/PHP
and MySQL support, so it's already a LAMP setup.  [you can see this and
more on their front page]  Per their FAQ on why it's free, the guy runs
a larger for-pay hosting service. (and of course with the "limited"
space & bandwidth, he's hoping you'll upgrade, though it appears some
people send donations just because...)