[SGVLUG] FYI - MS Heroes event in Anaheim 4/8 get MS sw w/o paying

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 5 14:47:58 PST 2008

Hi!

well, MS Heros event is happening 4/8 in Anaheim
and you can still register to go.

http://www.microsoft.com/heroeshappenhere/events/Anaheim/default.mspx

the LA event included free breakfast and lunch
and they gave out MS software... for free as
in beer. I would expect the same for the OC
event.

Suse should be there, and in addition to Suse CDs
may have USB thumb drives (HP did also.)
[ btw - i think Michael or Jason picked up some
[ Suse/Redhat CDs.. so be certain to come to the
[ next meeting...

yes, I know there are restrictions with regards
to licensing issues that maybe offensive to many..
however for those of us who need to work with
MS as well as linux related products this is a
change to save some $$ by not having to buy
a license for MS products

heres what SW the bag had:
-----------------------------------

MS Windows Vista Ultimate w/sp1
(promo kit w/90day trial of windows live
one care)

MS Expression Studio Eval Edition

MS Windows Mobile Dev Resource Kit

Limited Time Trial SW MS Forefront and
System Center

Voucher for MS SQL Server 2008
Eval only copy (standard edition)

SQL Server 2008 Community Review Ed.

Windows Server 2008 Promo Edition 1yr eval license
(blah!! I HATE SW which expires!!!! yuck!)
32bit

MS Visual Studio 2008 Standard Edition

best
matti