[SGVLUG] This is at least tangentially Linux related

David Lawyer dave at lafn.org
Tue Apr 1 12:02:58 PST 2008

On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 12:31:23AM -0700, Christopher Smith wrote:
> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/04/01/npenguin101.xml

Problem with the above post is that there is no real subject.  That
makes it like spam subjects.  I often read my email off-line (since
on-line time is limited at my ISP and it also ties up the phone line)
so there is no way for me to "click" to see what the subject really
is.  If the real subject was included, either in the Subject header or
in the body of the message, then if it looked interesting I might dial
out and have a look at it, either right now or at a later time when I
happened to be online.

Also, if one posts a url, then I think they should at least state some
comments about it, going beyond just the subject title.  Since I don't
use a mouse my "click" is actually a sequence of key strokes at my dumb
terminal.

			David Lawyer