[SGVLUG] Fw: [OT?] I may just have to miss the next [devsig] meeting...

Tom Emerson osnut at pacbell.net
Fri Sep 28 17:20:32 PDT 2007

[note: I've sent a copy of this with pictures to the devsig list, but it seems I've exceeded the message size -- didn't know that Michael had set one -- so if/when he allows it, it will show up there]

I may end up "on a lakebed, far, far away..." next saturday (not tomorrow -- that's the Caltech club fair -- I'm talking about the 6th, which is the DEVSIG meeting date)

It turns out that some folks from my rocketry group have built a HALF-SCALE X-WING FIGHTER and will attempt to fly it on that date.  Anybody want to car-pool down to San Diego next week?

For details on this project: http://www.polecataerospace.com/X-Wing.htm

(I'm told there will be a removable seat in the cockpit so that kids can get their picture taken in this thing -- they also asked the cast and George if they would attend the launch, I think only Mark responded positively, but later had to cancel due to another conflicting event)