[SGVLUG] OT - beer cooler out runs van...

Chris Smith cbsmith at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 10:24:48 PDT 2007

There are multiple solutions to this that I've discovered.

1) The best solution is nspluginwrapper. It can be set up to let you
wrap 32-bit plugins, effectively "thunking" between the 64-bit plugin
interface and a 32-bit plugin. Leverages X's ability to have a process
write to a window owned by a different process.

2) The second best solution is to just run a 32-bit browser. Just
install 32-bit compatibility libraries and you are good to go.

3) Set up a 32-bit chroot and run your browser from there. You need to
do "xhost local:localhost" so your X knows to treat the chroot as
being local.

--Chris

--
Chris