[SGVLUG] USB/RS232 adapters

Claude Felizardo cafelizardo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 17:09:56 PDT 2007

okay, so I got an email from a friend and when he plugs his cable in,
it's loading a different module called pl2303 but it doesn't create
the device.  I can do a 'mknod -m a=rw /dev/ttyUSB0 c 188 0' to create
the device but of course it's not associated with that driver. If I
try to run my application, I get an error saying "Can't open tty line"
as expected.

Anyone have any idea how to tell the system to load a different module?