[SGVLUG] SGVLUG Meeting Thur 10/11 Latex, plus Slashdot party afterwards

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 10 14:53:40 PDT 2007

Hi!

Please help by spreading the word!

SGVLUG - San Gabriel Valley Linux User Group meeting THUR 10/11

Date: 10/11
Time: 7-9pm (afterwards we goto BC for the slashdot party!)
Topic: LaTex
Location: 107 Downs at Caltech Campus in Pasadena

Meeting is FREE, parking is FREE on-campus (after 5pm)

http://www.sgvlug.org/

Meeting Topic: LaTex, presented by Kris Bergstrom

LaTeX is widely used to typset scientific documents
(and others) of all types and is freely available
and readily extensible.
http://qwiki.caltech.edu/wiki/LaTeX

This presentation gives an introduction to the extremely powerful LaTeX
typesetting system and its application to real-world document
production. As a small-business owner, I am faced with numerous and
varied writing tasks. LaTeX meets these needs, allowing me to make
beautiful, professional documents quickly. I will explain the creation
of essays, books, and letters incorporating graphics. I will
demonstrate the use of LaTeX in my band's annual fund drive, requiring
the creation of personalized letters (mail merge) and envelopes.
[..]

http://www.sgvlug.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=87&Itemid=27

Afterwards, join us at Burger Continental for the Slashdot
party!
http://slashdot.org/anniversary.pl

See you there!
matti