[SGVLUG] CRTs CRTs... do people still want them?

Solomon K. Chang skevin521 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 9 23:50:11 PDT 2007

How many are we talking about here?  Enough for me to build a hemispherical structure
of cathode emitters focused inwards on a single electromagnetic anode ring to combine
into a single beam?  I'd like 200, please.

Then again, it is my understanding that Beta Particles don't travel very well through
an atmosphere so even a 5KW beam (or the power requirement equivalent of 4 gaming rigs
running Bioshock or Halo 3 on full settings) is lucky to even ionize a sheet of paper
four inches from my proposed aperture.  Sigh.

Solomon
Mad Inventor of the High Velocity CDROM launcher and Warhammer 40K Predator with
working 3W twin-linked laser cannon.